iMessage has got some popularity amongst iUsers. Though there are many Instant Messaging services, present out there. But unique features of iMessage pull more attraction even amongst Android users. iMessage for Android users is what they are looking for. As we know iMessage is exclusively available just for iDevices like iPhone,iPad or Mac PC. But you can use iMessage on android also.
Though there is no official method to get iMessage for Android. But Android users can get the feel of iMessage. Also, there is no straightforward way like download iMessage for Android. You have to make some adjustments to get working iMessage on android.
Requirements to get iMessage for Android
There is some prerequisite to getting android workaround for iMessage. All required things are listed below.
1) Mac PC- you need to have Mac PC to get android working on android.
2) Google Chrome – You should have google chrome browser installed on both Mac pc and Android phone.
3) Active internet connection – Both device s should be connected to the internet.
4) Mac should always be turned ON.
5) Gmail account – You should have valid Gmail account to logon to authorize chrome browser on Mac PC, and the same account should be added to the android phone.
How to get iMessage for Android
In this method, we are going to use chrome remote desktop feature to access your Mac screen on your Android PC. Follow below simple steps to get iMessage on Android.
Step1: First you have to download google chrome browser on both Mac pc and android phone.
Step2: login in chrome using your Gmail id. Also, add same Gmail account in android phone.
Step2: Now on Mac PC, install chrome remote desktop extension from this link.
Step3: On an Android device, install google chrome remote desktop app from Google play store. Here is the link.
Step4: To grant a device, go to remote desktop extension and click on get started option in my computers section. Then click on enable the remote connection.
Step5: Now create six-digit PIN to secure the connection. Now the connection is enabled.
Step6: In android phone, you can now see your Mac PC name. click on that and enter your password that you have created in step 5.
Step7 : You are now connected to Mac PC and can access its screen on your android device. From here you can launch iMessage app and use it.
From above seven steps you can access imessage on android. Not a straight way , but still you get features of iMessage on android.
Is there any standalone method to get iMessage for android?
As already stated there is no official way to get iMessage on android. Thanks to iOS closed source development. The method above can get you some life using iMessage for Android. Although it is not that simple and you need Mac PC to get that working. Anyways we can use alternative like Whatsapp, messenger, line, etc.
What about iMessage Mockups for Android?
There are a lot of iMessage Mockups present in Google play store. But these are just an SMS messaging apps themed to look like iMessage. These apps are not official and may annoy you with ads and bugs. Though if you want to try how iMessage looks, you can install them for few days.
Best Alternatives of iMessage for android
As no official availability to get iMessage for Android, we have to live with another alternative that can fulfill your digital communication life. Below listed are some best alternatives to iMessage to use on Android.
1. WhatsApp – there is 99% chance that you smartphone user with internet connection has installed Whatsapp. It is a most downloaded IM app in the world and has great user database. Its rapidly growing development has made them most successful IM provider. You can always use Whatsapp as an alternative to iMessage.
2. Messenger – messenger has also got large user database. Some peoples don’t want to stick to their Facebook timeline by seeing others posts. For them, messenger gives the reliability to talk personally with their Facebook friends. You can also create messenger groups to chat with your loved ones at a time. Messenger has feature to send files, stickers, gif, smilies, etc.
iMessage is like great app to have on every phone. But for Android users its yet to official to use. iMessage for Android is the thing we are searching around the web. This guide explained the workaround to use iMessage for Android. As it is not straightforward and requires some special treatment, many users would like to have alternative IM apps. The best alternatives to iMessage are also listed in this article that can always be usable on android but cannot replace the iMessage.